Who Should Attend
Impact and Influence is aimed at Directors and Heads of Professional Services in HE – for example Directors of Finance, Estates, HR, Student Services etc. Those working at Director level need to demonstrate high levels of subject expertise as well as to be able to contribute to the strategic corporate agenda. This demands the ability to demonstrate strategic intelligence, effective and confident interpersonal skills and considerable self-awareness. The Impact and Influence Programme offers the opportunity to develop enhanced leadership skills, explore creative solutions to organisational challenges and establish a network of peers from a variety of functions.
Achieving greater personal impact and influence through:
- Better appreciation of the operating environment (cultural, political, tribal);
- Understanding what makes a high performing team;
- Harnessing diversity to deliver results;
- Increased self awareness and confidence: identifying strengths, weaknesses and blind spots and managing these effectively.
- One-to-one feedback on preferences and motivation at work from a professional coach;
- Residential development programme with input from a variety of speakers plus the opportunity to practise a number of new team working, influencing and decision-making skills;
- Five full day facilitated Action Learning sessions;
- An end of programme one-to-one coaching session to review progress and plan next steps.
- The Programme consists of 9.5 days spread over 10 months. It opens with a one-to-one meeting with a Programme Director who is also a qualified coach, providing the opportunity for you to reflect on the Programme and your specific needs. This is followed by a residential programme and five Action Learning Set sessions. A final one-to-one session allows you to reflect on progress made during the Programme.
- Pre-Programme work will require you to complete individual and 360 feedback profiles, to identify your preferred approach to work and team management skills.
- The Residential Programme is a 2.5 day event focusing on organisational culture, team working and influencing skills, with particular reference to the sometimes challenging relationship between professionals and academics.
- The five Action Learning Set sessions will provide the opportunity to develop your network of colleagues and to explore professional and business challenges in a safe and supportive environment.
- 360 Webinar:
9th May 2017
- One to one:
w/c 19th June 2017 (London)
- Residential programme at Crewe Hall, Cheshire
From 2pm, 4th July 2017 to 5pm, 6th July 2017
- Learning sets:
7th September 2017, 9th November 2017, 11th January 2018, 8th March 2018, 26th April 2018
- One to one:
w/c 21st May 2018.
How To Apply
For Terms and Conditions relating to all AHUA events and programmes, please see the resources table below.
For further information about future programmes, please contact Catherine Webb , AHUA Executive Secretary.